Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Our first blog post!

Hello to those who are reading this, excuse the progress.  I am learning as I go.  And the very first post is dedicated to what is the main focus of our lives right now.  POTTY TRAINING!!  Kiley has been very resistant to do it, and all of the methods have failed.  She is quite stubborn.  I googled and googled until I finally found a book called "Potty Bootcamp".  It stated that families who follow the program will have their child potty trained within 4-5 days.  And even more unbelievable they claimed that 90% of children will "initiate" themselves on the very first day.  (Initiate was the book's term for deciding that they need to use the bathroom on their own and then doing so.)  I was skeptical of this, but it had lots of positive ratings on Amazon.  So I bought it.  And I have to say, that it works!!  I could not believe that night when Kiley said "I'm gonna pee"  and SHE DID IT!!  So I would definitely recommend the book to people. 





Here is Kiley in her big girl panties!!  The book says to offer big elaborate gifts when they finally use the potty.  But, candy canes have worked for us.  We are on day 3 and it is going better then I ever thought it would.  She is very proud of herself and so am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment





About the Howard's

My photo
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
My name is Allison Howard. I have been married to my best friend Chris for over 3 years now. And on April 1, 2008, our sweet little Kiley came along. She is our pride and joy and she is also a little crazy! We are an ARMY family. We were stationed at Fort Bragg, NC but it February 2010 we were sent to Fort Campbell, KY. Chris is currently in Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne and we miss him dearly. There is no real purpose to this blog. Just to let our friends and family keep up to date with what we are up to!

MilitarySpouseBlogs

Followers

Designed By:


Elements by Kelli Vander Veen