Thursday, March 10, 2011

The days are dragging by..

  This deployment has been going by quicker then I thought that it would.  But with Chris coming home for leave in just a couple weeks.  The time seems to have stopped.  Kiley and I are so excited to have him back.  He has also said that he is very much in need of a break.  Poor guy.  Can you imagine..  7 months without a day off?  He will be here for Kiley's 3rd birthday.  Kiley keeps telling people "my daddy is going to march home for my birthday".  She understands the whole situation much more then I thought she would.  I think sometimes we don't give kids all the credit that they deserve.  Kiley is so observant, and she is very good at reading other people.  So she knows just when I need a hug or an "I love you."  Chris hasn't seen her since August, and I just know that he is going to be blown away by how much she has grown!

The Lifetime network has come out with a show called "Coming Home".  It is about soldiers coming home and surprising their family members.  Of course I had to watch this, and of course I cried.  It's very sweet though.  Happy tears.
Little girl from "Coming Home"
Watching this show however did make me ask myself the question..  Should I surprise Kiley the day Chris comes home?  Or should I brace her for it?  I still haven't come up with an answer yet.  Chris and I are kind of leaning towards a surprise for her.  I also don't want to startle her with all the big surprises.  I think she should be fine because she talks to Chris frequently and knows that he is coming soon.  We just can't wait for his arrival.

2 comments:

  1. I definately think you should surprise her. It would be so very sweet! I've seen the YouTube video of the soldiers coming home and it gets me balling everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks great!! I watched Coming Home and think it is very sweet, but honestly juist cried the whole time! I had to turn it off. lol I am so glad Chris will be home soon. I hope you all have an awesome R&R. Be sure to take lots of pics. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete





About the Howard's

My photo
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
My name is Allison Howard. I have been married to my best friend Chris for over 3 years now. And on April 1, 2008, our sweet little Kiley came along. She is our pride and joy and she is also a little crazy! We are an ARMY family. We were stationed at Fort Bragg, NC but it February 2010 we were sent to Fort Campbell, KY. Chris is currently in Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne and we miss him dearly. There is no real purpose to this blog. Just to let our friends and family keep up to date with what we are up to!

MilitarySpouseBlogs

Followers

Designed By:


Elements by Kelli Vander Veen