Friday, March 11, 2011

Every penny counts


I bought this huge water jug (I poured the water out) for one reason.  I bought it to put change in.  It is a really big jug.  So when it is full, there should be a nice "chunk of change" inside of it.  It is my own personal savings account.  I have decided that with this money, I am going to buy myself a Canon rebel t2i.  Now the contents of this jug might not equal up to the price.  But it should help!  I just gathered all the change I could find.  I got this from the bottom of my purse and the car.  All of it totaled up to $7.55. (Which I kinda thought was a lot just to have thrown around places.)  The $7.55 looks like barely anything in my enormous jug..  so just imagine when it is full.  Haha, it's kinda of silly, but I'm taking back to piggy bank days.  As I am sure you will be concerned, I will post update pictures of the jug every so often to keep people in the know!

3 comments:

  1. I've got the t1i and I LOVE it! of course I haven't taught myself how to use it on manual, but eventually I will. I am looking for a new lens for it, but not sure what to get. We are moving to Germany so I would like to have something that will help give my pictures a boost.

    I've got two of those jugs in my house, one on the water cooler and the other currently made into an airplane thanks to my kids. (recently covered in marker and paper taped to it) We use it as a back up water cooler, so at least its empty right now. Maybe I ought to make better use out of it.

    Man, I'm just stealing all of your ideas tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog and it is so cute! Kiley is adorable :)

    This is a great idea- good to have it for a specific purpose. We used ours change and saved it for honeymoon spending money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you save up that extra change and put it towards something special just for you!!

    ReplyDelete





About the Howard's

My photo
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
My name is Allison Howard. I have been married to my best friend Chris for over 3 years now. And on April 1, 2008, our sweet little Kiley came along. She is our pride and joy and she is also a little crazy! We are an ARMY family. We were stationed at Fort Bragg, NC but it February 2010 we were sent to Fort Campbell, KY. Chris is currently in Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne and we miss him dearly. There is no real purpose to this blog. Just to let our friends and family keep up to date with what we are up to!

MilitarySpouseBlogs

Followers

Designed By:


Elements by Kelli Vander Veen